Loans at The Rosses Credit Union Limited
The two most important things about a loan are, being able to borrow the money and being able to repay it. At The Rosses Credit Union Limited we encourage you to manage your money carefully by structuring loans around your needs and your ability to repay. Establish a good savings record by saving regularly so as to build up security for your loan.
Click on any section below to expand view
- There are no hidden fees or transaction charges
- Our interest rates are fair and reasonable compared to others in the market
- Repayments are calculated on your reducing balance, so you pay less interest with each repayment
- Your credit union loan is insured - subject to terms and conditions - at no direct cost to you. Other lenders charge for this
- You can pay off your loan early, make additional lump sum repayments or increase your regular repayments, without a penalty. Other lenders may charge you extra for paying them back faster!
Our loan rate of 11.94% (12.67% APR) means you can borrow at a reasonable rate of credit compared to other financial providers – compare us to other financial service providers and you will see that you get a great deal at The Rosses Credit Union Limited.
We also offer a special rate of 5% (5.12% APR) for our members borrowing an amount less than their savings.
*For a €1,000, 1 year Fixed interest rate loan, with monthly repayments of €20.43, an APR of 12.67%; the total amount payable by the member will be €1,061.95
To begin, with you have to be a member of The Rosses Credit Union Limited. For more information on becoming a member please click here. For members, please visit or call us and we can discuss your needs and give you an application form.
Loans are subject to approval. Terms & Conditions apply
* All figures given on this web site are for your general information only, and give a rough guide to loan repayments. Any statements on this web site do not purport to be authoritative or legally binding. You are advised to check with our offices for up-to-date rates and offers.
**Home Renovation loan rate is for loans between €25,000 - €50,000**
Whilst every care has been made in the production of this information, it is for illustrative purposes only and to give you an overview of the potential cost of borrowing at The Rosses Credit Union. It does not constitute a loan offer. This document is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing and does not constitute an offer of finance or repayments.
We are pleased to accept loan applications from members. Each application is treated in the utmost confidence and will be considered on its own merits. Please complete the following application form, we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
- Please note, you will be asked to produce the following documentation:
- A recent payslip or If you are Self-employed will be asked to produce a notice of tax assessment.
- Bank Statements
- In deciding whether or not to grant the loan, the Lending Officers will take into account the member’s record of saving and repayments, as well as ability to repay.
- Once the loan is granted, you will be asked to complete a Credit Agreement (which is a legally binding document being a promise to repay the loan), and to commit to regular repayments.
- If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.